Our number one line of watercolors already has more colors – and more unique colors – than anybody. Now they have eight more and Wet Paint’s got ‘em:
- Rose Madder Permanent: a permanent version of the super popular, super fugitive staple of many painter’s palettes. If the organic pigments like Quinacridone are too intense, Rose Madder Permanent may be just right!
- Quinacridone Lilac: Speaking of intense Quinacridones…”Quin” Lilac is vivid, clean, and bright. Less pink than Quinacridone Rose, less blue than Quinacridone Magenta, it belongs on the palette of every floral painter.
- Payne’s Blue-Gray: Bluer than traditional Payne’s Gray, but not as blue as Indigo, this semi-transparent is a nice substitute over black for darkening other colors.
- Aussie Red-Gold: This lovely, warm amber color is transparent and non-granulating. If you like Quinacridone Gold (and who doesn’t?), you’re gonna love Aussie Red-Gold.
- Raw Sienna Light: More golden yellow than regular Raw Sienna, this color is reminiscent of the oil paint color Naples Yellow.
- Burnt Sienna Light: This beautiful earthy color is more red than Daniel Smith’s Burnt Sienna. Previously available only in the Alvaro Castagnet set, now available to portrait painters ala carte!
- Lavender: This mix of three pigments is a granulating “periwinkle” blue…ideal for florals.
- Wisteria: A reddish lavender that’s non-granulating and non-staining. Another useful color on the flower painter’s palette.
Additionally, we’re now stocking Iridescent Gold and Pearlescent White Watercolor Grounds, too. Folks have been asking us for the Iridescent Gold ground for years; it’s unique properties make it unlike any surface you’ve painted on before! Transparent watercolors painted over Iridescent Gold ground take on the warm, luminous tone underneath, producing handsome glazes. Similarly, Pearlescent White ground will impart luminosity and shimmer to the paints applied over it, but without the warm tonality. Both grounds are semi-transparent, allowing the texture of the paper – or whatever you paint them on – to show thru.
We look forward to seeing you in the store soon!